Subject: Re: [boost] Once accepted, when does a library undergo further review?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-03 21:22:05

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Richard
<legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Boost has a good peer review process for accepting a new library.
>
> However, once a library has been accepted, it doesn't seem to go
> through any more peer review.

That depends on the conditions attached to acceptance by the review
manager. If there were no conditions at all, then there would be no review
except for the release manager's checklist for new libraries when they are
first moved into master from develop. But most libraries acceptance is
conditional on at least a short check list, and one of the items on that
check list may specify some form of additional final review. And as a
practical matter, authors almost always post a notice on the mail list
directing people to the library when it goes in develop.

--Beman