Subject: Re: [boost] Once accepted, when does a library undergo further review?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-03 23:56:23

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<CAAygHNN5K_G55W8PH6uLHD5aXQOoZChA=2ianHR8dW89RMj36w_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Richard
><legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> However, once a library has been accepted, it doesn't seem to go
>> through any more peer review.
>
>That depends on the conditions attached to acceptance by the review
>manager. [...]

I'm talking about after everything required by it's initial review has
been completed and submitted.

...but the maintainer can still make commits to the library and do
things in this subsequent phase that never would have been accepted in
the original review.

Things like poor or missing documentation.

Things like reinventing the wheel for supporting classes that are not
the main focus of the library and are provided by other boost
libraries.

Things like egregious overuse of macros or other coding practices that
are considered poor form in modern C++.

In other words, once a library has been accepted into Boost, what
prevents that library from suffering from "code rot"?

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>