Subject: Re: [boost] Call for Review: Boost.Test documentation rewrite
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 22:17:13

Richard <legalize+jeeves <at> mail.xmission.com> writes:

> >I am all for working with Richard on new docs. I am just not sure this
> >particular version worth time people will need to spent to get used to
it.
> >What Boost.Test really need is to document new release. And this is what
we
> >should be targeting. New features and new docs look and feel will make it
> >all worth while.
>
> Again, I'm not sure why you didn't reply to my call for reviewers that
> I posted last May.

Again, becasue this was not I want us to spend time on.

> You're saying I ignored you, but when I email you or post to the
> mailing list, you don't reply.

Show me a single post where you agree to work me on new documentation. All
your post are about this is how my old docs should have looked liked.
Whether or not I agree with this criticism is irrelevant and I do not have
time to spend on useless bikering. I want us to do something productive
instead.

> I just don't find that you're being helpful while at the same time
> blaming me for not doing what you want.

Yes. I was not going to be helpful to do something which does not have much
value in my opinion. You docs probably written better, with better english
and some external prospective allowing you to better single out important
parts. Yet you bound to be limited by expirience you have personally and my
goal is to serve all users of the library equally, both new and old. I know
the design of the library, it's pablic interfaces and how I would like it to
grow. And in this unique moment I also know which parts of the library I
want to deprecate and thus stop advertise them through documentation.

If this is your final word, I will have no choice but to look for someone
else to help me with this (or continue to procrastinate on best frasing as I
did last half a year). What you want to do with this docs is up to you and
rest of boost community.

Regards
Gennadiy