Subject: Re: [boost] [Filesystem] Proposal: make filesystem generic-programming friendly
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-12 11:45:53

On 11 Jan 2014 at 23:16, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

> The point of discussing the draft here is to make sure Beman, and any other
> interested parties, agree the changes make sense, and to get important
> feedback before I get too far ahead. Already your few questions have made
> the role of the path classes much clearer in my head, so thanks!

I would be an interested party. Sometime in the future I'd like the
ability to add to C++ filesystem namespaces which are implemented by
a process-local abstraction layer which transforms high level
filesystem operations into something else. This sounds not dissimilar
to what you're doing.

I would be particularly interested in being able to substantially
extend the file path syntax with useful new capabilities. Like VMS
did.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/