Subject: Re: [boost] The Community Maintenance Team proposal accepted
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-14 11:50:42

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Le 17/12/13 14:35, Beman Dawes a écrit :
>
>> The Steering Committee has voted to accept the Community Maintenance Team
>>
>> proposal, and Marshall Clow has volunteer to act as the team's fearless
>> leader.
>>
>> See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9897665/community-
>> maintenance.htmlfor
>> the actual proposal.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and discussion. I tried to
>> capture
>> contributors names in the Acknowledgements section of the proposal.
>> Apologies if I missed anyone.
>>

>> Boost.Filesystem has 100 bug tickets and only 11 fixed since the last
> year.
> Beman do you need some help to maintain your library?

Probably, but I'm in a holding pattern until the Filesystem TS vote closes
January 20th, and the committee finishes ballot resolution at the February
meeting. Then I'll start integrating changes, quite a few of which are
already done and just waiting for the final vote.

What would help the most is test cases that detect problems. Git also helps
in that branches can be started for bugs without blocking progress while
more information is requested from submitters. My limited experience with
GitHub's pull request system has so far been positive.

--Beman