Subject: Re: [boost] [git] annotated SVN synchronization for boost.test (example only)
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-14 12:00:46

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Peter A. Bigot <pab_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 01/13/2014 06:28 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>
>> Peter A. Bigot <pab <at> pabigot.com> writes:
>>
>> Below is an annotated sequence of (bash) command-line git operations
>>> that I used in a local copy of Boost.Test to understand what was
>>> happening in it, with no intention of proposing this be what the
>>> maintainers actually do with the module.
>>>
>> Thank you. I need to get my hands dirty and finally switch to git
>> locally. At
>> some point I'll need this (I hope ;))
>>

> In the interests of reducing pain: I recommend against using those steps.

The problem, of course, is that your procedure is overwhelmingly complex
for a new git user. That's why the docs we've been working on try to stick
to very basic git.

Since Gennadiy hasn't even begun to use git, he might be better off
starting with https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ModularBoost

--Beman