Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Sync] no master branch?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-15 18:01:27

On 15 January 2014 19:38, Jürgen Hunold <jhunold_at_gmx.eu> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15. January 2014 11:21:50 Eric Niebler wrote:
>
>> This is probably now a discussion about best practices wrt testing
>> modularized boost, but I want to test my libraries against what will
>> comprise the next official boost release. To me, that suggests checking
>> out develop on the super-project and master on all sub-projects. Have I
>> got that all wrong? I admit to being a bit of a n00b here.
>
> Well, I would checkout "master" on the super-project (as this contains what
> will be released, without "sync" in this case) and on all sub-projects. You
> most probably need to run "git submodule update --init" in this case. Then
> checkout "develop" on all the project that you want to compile against master.

I think that's right.

It's a bit confusing, as there is a proposal to change the branches on
the super project:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SuperProjectWorkflow

If we make that change, then 'develop' will be the branch to use -
it'll be what 'master' currently is. But I doubt that it will happen
until after the testing is ready.