Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 09:18:35

On 01/16/2014 02:52 PM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> 2014/1/16 Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]>
>
>> I've never said that it's only speed that matters.
>

> but I got this impression from your last postings - sorry if I'm wrong
>

>> I said that because the
>> API is set there is only performance which could be used as a criteria to
>> decide whether your library is a worthy addition to Boost
>

> this your opinion and I disagree - it is not the only one

It should be one of the major criteria for the decision for the library
to get accepted for the arguments brought up by Hartmut.

>> (besides
>> implementation quality, which is sub-standard as others have pointed out).
>>

> not very kind from you - nicht sehr nett von Dir
> copy-and-paste errors happen

It might not be very kind, but it reflects the current state of the
library. In addition, the library is not useful on the advertised
platforms. The PPC64 implementation of Boost.Context is not tested and
does not work (sure it's not the fault of Fiber per se), for example.