Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 09:19:07

2014/1/16 Thomas Heller <thom.heller_at_[hidden]>

> It might not be very kind, but it reflects the current state of the
> library. In addition, the library is not useful on the advertised
> platforms. The PPC64 implementation of Boost.Context is not tested and does
> not work (sure it's not the fault of Fiber per se), for example.

boost.context is irrelevant in this discussion.

do you think I've a machine for each architecture at home? I can only write
the code if requested by some users and I have to rely on the willing of
community members to test the code on the specific hardware.

You asked me about boost.context support of PPC64 and I told you that the
code is untested from my side and boost-regression tests do not exist for
PPC64.
But you did not respond to my email. As I did with other users it hoped
that we could fix the problem together but I didn't get any feedback from
you - don't blame me.