Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-17 00:54:19

On 17/01/2014 02:44, Quoth Oliver Kowalke:
> As I wrote before - with thread you would have to scatter your code with
> callbacks.
> With fibers you don't - you could write the code as it would by synchronous
> operations.
> That makes the code easier to read and understandable.

Boost.Asio already supports using Boost.Coroutine for that purpose; an
extra library seems unnecessary if that is your target.

My understanding is that the new thing that Fibers tries to bring to the
table is std::thread-like cross-fiber synchronisation. Which is
something that only matters if you have fibers running in multiple
threads, and does not seem related to the use case you're mentioning
above, unless I'm missing something.

So I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to focus on.