Subject: Re: [boost] Volunteers needed to run regression test reporting
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-18 05:31:56

> We can mitigate that by having several people running the reports. I've
> written some docs, so it shouldn't be too hard, although right now it does
> require a *nix-like system. I've been running them on a Windows host using
> a VirtualBox virtual Ubuntu system, and have found it to be easy.

i wonder: has anyone ever tried to integrate the boost regression tests
with a cross-compiler and/or qemu? some years ago, i've tested some
altivec/neon code on x86_64 hardware by running my redirecting ctest to
call the binaries via qemu.

this would have two advantages:
* being able to test some architectures without having the hardware
* not having to compile natively on slow hardware

also it would be wonderful to be able to have testers for ios and
android. would be nice if apple or google could provide the
infrastructure for this ... one can dream ...