Subject: [boost] bjamming that used to work before modular-boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-19 09:38:59

I have a jamfile.v2 in a sandbox project that used to work before.

I have started using modular-boost, and after some fumbling, I'm using that OK-ish.

The message is:

Unable to find the Boost source tree in the locations searched.
Try setting the environment variable BOOST to point to your
Boost tree, or else invoke bjam with the --boost=path option.
The Boost include path will not be automatically set.
The paths searched were I:\boost-sandbox\guild/../boost I:\boost-sandbox\guild/../Trunk
But the file LICENSE_1_0.txt was not found in any of them

Unable to find the Boost.Build source tree in the locations searched.
Try setting the environment variable BOOST_BUILD to point to your
Boost.Build tree, or else invoke bjam with the --boost-build=path option.
The paths searched were i:\modular-boost\tools\build\v2
But bootstrap.jam was not found in any of these
More failures will very likely follow...

(And they did ;-( )

I've tried some guesses at parameters including

b2 --boost=i:\modular-boost --boost-build=i:\modular-boost\tools\build -a html

without success.

I have boost-build.jam at I:\modular-boost

Suggestions please.

Paul

PS I'd like to change environment variables if possible to avoid changing lots of .bat files that
call b2.

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK