Subject: Re: [boost] bjamming that used to work before modular-boost
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-20 00:00:29

On 1/19/2014 9:38 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> I have a jamfile.v2 in a sandbox project that used to work before.
>
> I have started using modular-boost, and after some fumbling, I'm using that OK-ish.
>
> The message is:
>
> Unable to find the Boost source tree in the locations searched.
> Try setting the environment variable BOOST to point to your
> Boost tree, or else invoke bjam with the --boost=path option.
> The Boost include path will not be automatically set.
> The paths searched were I:\boost-sandbox\guild/../boost I:\boost-sandbox\guild/../Trunk
> But the file LICENSE_1_0.txt was not found in any of them
>
> Unable to find the Boost.Build source tree in the locations searched.
> Try setting the environment variable BOOST_BUILD to point to your
> Boost.Build tree, or else invoke bjam with the --boost-build=path option.
> The paths searched were i:\modular-boost\tools\build\v2
> But bootstrap.jam was not found in any of these
> More failures will very likely follow...
>
> (And they did ;-( )
>
> I've tried some guesses at parameters including
>
> b2 --boost=i:\modular-boost --boost-build=i:\modular-boost\tools\build -a html
>
> without success.
>
> I have boost-build.jam at I:\modular-boost
>
> Suggestions please.

Here are my suggestions from what I do with my own libraries which use
Boost:

1) Change the structure of your library for modular-boost rather than
the old SVN structure.

2) Move your library into the modular-boost build tree under the 'libs'
subdirectory.

3) Make a symbolic directory link under the modular-boost 'boost'
subdirectory to your header files directory within 'libs'.

4) Get rid of any top-level jamfile for your library. Once you are
within modular-boost the particular jamfiles for tests and docs should
just work.

5) Forget about --boost= stuff on your b2 invocation since you are
within the modular-boost tree.

This works for me. I hope it will work for you.