Subject: Re: [boost] bjamming that used to work before modular-boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-20 04:44:29
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Boost [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Edward Diener
> Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:00 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] bjamming that used to work before modular-boost
> On 1/19/2014 9:38 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> > I have a jamfile.v2 in a sandbox project that used to work before.
> > I have started using modular-boost, and after some fumbling, I'm using that OK-ish.
> > Suggestions please.
> Here are my suggestions from what I do with my own libraries which use
> 1) Change the structure of your library for modular-boost rather than the old SVN structure.
> 2) Move your library into the modular-boost build tree under the 'libs'
> 3) Make a symbolic directory link under the modular-boost 'boost'
> subdirectory to your header files directory within 'libs'.
> 4) Get rid of any top-level jamfile for your library. Once you are within modular-boost the
> jamfiles for tests and docs should just work.
> 5) Forget about --boost= stuff on your b2 invocation since you are within the modular-boost tree.
> This works for me. I hope it will work for you.
Sounds good - I've used new structure for new projects. But that's a very helpful guide to moving
--- Paul A. Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB UK +44 1539 561830 07714330204 pbristow_at_[hidden]
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk