Subject: Re: [boost] [git] boost + git flow
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-22 14:22:01

Le 22/01/14 17:46, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> On Wednesday 22 January 2014 17:42:49 Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>> does boost follows the git-flow schema, e.g. merging the changes from
>> branch develop into master is not required by the library developer (this
>> is done by the release manager)?!
> Library maintainers must perform the merge. In terms of git-flow they are the
> release managers (of their respective libraries).

yes but git-flow uses an intermediary release branch to merge from
develop to master
"

When you're feature complete, simply start a release branch --- again,
based on |develop| --- to bump the version number and fix the last bugs
before releasing:

|$ git flow release start v0.1.0|

When you finish a release branch, it'll merge your changes to |master|
/and/ back to |develop|, so you don't have to worry about your |master|
being ahead of |develop|.
"

IMO, the regression test should use these release branches for each one
of the boost modules, as the developer has no means to check it before
finishing the release.

The release finish should IMO be done when we want to do the fist beta
release.

As we don't have this flow, does it mean that the developer must do a

|git flow release start v0.1.0|

|git flow release finish v0.1.0|

Best,
Vicente