Subject: Re: [boost] Help please with Boost Discussion Policy
From: Mateusz Łoskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-23 02:41:23

On 22 January 2014 23:23, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2014 at 22:13, Fletcher, John P wrote:
>
>> Ideally what I want to do is to switch between the styles so that only
>> my Boost and related work is in quoted style.
>
> Here's what I did while I was working for my former employer and was
> posting to this list using the corporate email client:
>
> 1. Tell Outlook to only ever show Plain Text email.

This works.

> 2. Tell Outlook to only ever quote using indented >'s with a wrap of
> 74? Whatever it defaults to for wrapping was correct anyway.

This works.

> Both of those options are buried in the menus. One of them may have
> been in default message options or something. On the ribbon in a
> compose email box, there is a button for message options which lets
> you override for that email.

Yes, on Ribbon -> File -> Options -> Mail.

But, one little-big problem remains, even in Outlook 2010:
how do you configure preamble to message quotation
so it looks properly in the standard format of "John Smith wrote:", like here:

"""
On 22 January 2014 23:23, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2014 at 22:13, Fletcher, John P wrote:

"""

Even with your suggested configuration, Outlook always uses forward-like format:

"""

"""

I do use Outlook daily and I confirm using it for mailing lists is a large PITA,
so I'm compassionate to John.
What I do is, use GMail or Thunderbird, both can talk to external
servers via IMAP.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net