Subject: Re: [boost] Help please with Boost Discussion Policy
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-23 09:12:05

> But, one little-big problem remains, even in Outlook 2010:
> how do you configure preamble to message quotation
> so it looks properly in the standard format of "John Smith wrote:", like here:
>
> """
> On 22 January 2014 23:23, Niall Douglas <s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On 22 Jan 2014 at 22:13, Fletcher, John P wrote:
> >
> """
>
> Even with your suggested configuration, Outlook always uses forward-like format:
>

> """

I used to chop it off as part of my normal pruning of quoted content.
I don't believe anyone on this list ever noticed the fact the
preamble was missing :)

You might notice the preamble is missing on this reply too. It's
quicker for me to chop more context than less, so I do. I suspect so
do most people with high inbound email counts.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/