Subject: Re: [boost] Interactive metaprogramming shells
From: Abel Sinkovics (abel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-27 16:33:41

Hi Hartmut,

On 2014-01-26 22:24, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> That's nice tools! However, the wave tool itself already supports a REPL
> interface for preprocessing, just start it without arguments...

Preshell provides convenience features. It provides features like
history, tab completion, pragmas to list defined macros, etc. It also
supports getting the standard header path from the real C++ compiler
(and getting one as the default is part of the build process). And I'm
working on features like saving the history into a file or reloading the
headers. I couldn't get these features from the wave tool.

Merging these things into the wave tool might be an option.

Regards,
   Ábel