Subject: Re: [boost] Interactive metaprogramming shells
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-27 17:24:03

> On 2014-01-26 22:24, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> > That's nice tools! However, the wave tool itself already supports a
> > REPL interface for preprocessing, just start it without arguments...
>
> Preshell provides convenience features. It provides features like history,
> tab completion, pragmas to list defined macros, etc. It also supports
> getting the standard header path from the real C++ compiler (and getting
> one as the default is part of the build process). And I'm working on
> features like saving the history into a file or reloading the headers. I
> couldn't get these features from the wave tool.
>
> Merging these things into the wave tool might be an option.

That would be very nice! Especially adding the ability to use the setting
from a real compiler would be very helpful.

Wave supports serializing all internal settings using Boost.Serialization,
if enabled (wave::context is serializable). That stores all macros, seen
headers with #pragma once, etc. which essentially allows to restore a
previous session.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu