Subject: Re: [boost] Help please with Boost Discussion Policy
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-30 01:37:22

On 24/01/2014 00:20, Quoth Norbert Wenzel:
> On 01/23/2014 11:15 AM, PB wrote:
>> Has moving discussion to a online-forum rather than a mailing list ever
>> been considered?
>
> Usually the final compromise is to refer to Gmane:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel, which can be used to
> post from the web or via NNTP.

FWIW, I'm using Thunderbird to access the Boost ML via Gmane NNTP (I use
Outlook for work-related emails, because that's the standard here). It
works quite well, especially for threading.

The only real drawback that I've noticed with it is that TB can only
remember one source email address for all of Gmane, so if you're
registered using different addresses to different lists it can be a
little painful. (There's probably an extension that can fix that.)