Subject: Re: [boost] [program_options] documentation for validators
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-30 11:48:18

On 30.01.2014 18:21, Alain Miniussi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the validators namespace of program_options documentation.
>
> That namespace is referenced in the tutorial in http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/program_options/howto.html and some of its
> functions are used but there is no documentation related with that namespace. Actually, it does not even appears in the reference manual of
> the lib.
>
> Is that intended ?

Alain,

nope, it's not intended. The problem it seems that documentation build only picks stuff in include/boost/program_options/, but not
'detail' subdirectory, and that namespace, as well as the 'validate' function, are defined in there. It's sounds like historical
accident, as 'validate' is a function that is meant to be overridden, so at least some definition must be in non-detail headers.

- Volodya