Subject: Re: [boost] [modular-boost] "b2 headers" behavior on Windows
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-03 11:58:30

On 03.02.2014 01:41, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Vyacheslav Andrejev <mortituris <at> mail.ru> writes:
>

>> Hello Gennadiy,
>>
>> GR> 1. Why does ./b2 headers on windows creates hardlink for each file
>> GR> instead of directories? The process takes forever.
>>
>> tools/build/src/tools/link.jam is responsible for this behavior.
>> In particular there is a rule that creates links to directories:
>
> I do not really want to delve into details of our makesystem. Is there
> someone who supports this now?

Gennadiy,

I don't think the problem is changing Boost.Build to do this or that.

The problem at specifying, and having everybody agree, what is desired. Ideally,
that would be part of modularization design, but it's not, so now somebody should
figure this out. And this is a task for modulization designers/users, not for
Boost.Build maintainers.

Hope this clarifies the context.

- Volodya