Subject: Re: [boost] SQL: next iteration of sqlpp11
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-05 12:16:35

On 2014-02-05 15:30, Rodrigo Madera wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Roland Bock <rbock_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Mateusz and I exchanged a few mails. The consensus is that it is a very
>> good idea and we want to do it. The main issue is time. We just don't
>> have enough of it.
>>
>> So if you (or others) have time on your hands and are interest in this
>> topic, why not write a SOCI connector for sqlpp11? A first version could
>> probably be written without touching either sqlpp11 or SOCI.
>>
> Unfortunately, I am on the same situation as most professional C++
> programmers at the time, which is the 24 hour per day limitation. This is a
> serious flaw which keeps projects around the world behind schedule! ;-)
> Seriously, though, I wish I could help in the future. But right now it's
> impossible for me.
Hi Rodrigo,
> General Boosters,
> What are the thoughts on C++11-only libraries right now?
Or even, how about C++14-only libraries?
By the time the library will be ready for review, it might very well be
based on C++14.
> What about sqlpp11 dependencies on SOCI, if they work along? Will SOCI need
> to be incorporated to Boost as well?

If someone writes an sqlpp11-connector for SOCI, the connector will
depend on both SOCI and sqlpp11. But neither sqlpp11 nor SOCI will
depend on the connector or each other. That is one of the beauties of
the approach :-)

Regards,

Roland