Subject: Re: [boost] SQL: next iteration of sqlpp11
From: Rodrigo Madera (rodrigo.madera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-05 12:22:45

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Roland Bock <rbock_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If someone writes an sqlpp11-connector for SOCI, the connector will
> depend on both SOCI and sqlpp11. But neither sqlpp11 nor SOCI will
> depend on the connector or each other. That is one of the beauties of
> the approach :-)

But wouldn't that duplicate work?

For instance, SOCI has an Oracle backend. If sqlpp uses SOCI as a backend,
it would have support for Oracle, and all other RDBMs for that matter.

But if sqlpp has a other connectors bypassing SOCI, then what is the
advantage? Would sqlpp have direct Oracle connectors besides SOCI's?

If so, I begin to question the usefulness of integrating sqlpp with SOCI.

Madera