Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: We need GSoC 2014 mentors for Boost!
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-07 22:23:27

On 02/07/2014 10:15 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> As part of filling in our application for 2014, we must supply to
> Google a list of potential GSoC mentors and potential GSoC projects
> for summer 2014. We do NOT want a repeat of 2012 when our application
> was rejected due to an insufficiently long list of prospective
> mentors and projects! At the time of writing, we have just *eight*
> prospective mentors, and we need more to be sure of being approved by
> Google!

I would suggest not to read too much into previous approvals /
rejections. I seriously doubt there to be a strong correlation between
number of potential mentors / projects and the likelihood of acceptance
of the organization. (The number of slots we may be awarded is an
entirely different question, but that comes much later in the process.)

FWIW,
        Stefan