Subject: Re: [boost] Attn: We need GSoC 2014 mentors for Boost!
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-08 11:20:43

On 8 Feb 2014 at 14:43, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> > 2) I could potentially offer to participate as dual-mentor with
> > Vicente on the fixed-point class. Boost really needs to make
>
> I don't know if Google accepts dual mentors. If not, you could mentor
> this project that is very close to the domain you are working with
> Boost.Multiprecission. I would be happy to help as much as possible.
> Please be free to add you name as possible mentor.

Actually Google absolutely loves to see a second/backup mentor. In
fact we have to fill in a question on the registration form about how
we plan for and organise backup mentors.

You do need a "primary" mentor though, and there can be only one of
those. You can have as many secondary/backup mentors as you like.
Indeed, last year the Trie project had three mentors! All mentors get
T-shirts and can be funded to attend the GSoC mentors conference! :)

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/