Subject: Re: [boost] Just another GSoC project idea: Create a Bjam clone based on the Boost libraries
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 10:47:17

On 9 Feb 2014 at 20:06, Boris Schäling wrote:

> Create a Bjam clone based on the Boost libraries

That is a huge project, one which would take many summers and a
hugely dedicated mentor or mentors, even to deliver a demonstration
prototype of reasonable quality.

Designing a correct build tool is incredibly hard. As I like the API
of scons, and we have scons build files for most Boost libraries, I'd
suggest instead helping out with scons-plusplus which is Boost.Python
based.

In truth though, an O(N) scalable but not-painful-to-write-for build
system almost certainly needs a persistently stored graph database.
Which just gave you a hint as to my C++ Now Presentation if I'm
chosen to present ...

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2014 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014