Subject: Re: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 22:55:59

AMDG

On 02/10/2014 04:48 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> On Windows I checked out 'develop' at the modular-boost level and
> 'develop' at the Boost Build level. Then I re-ran .\bootstrap, deleted
> my current boost sub-directory, then re-ran .\b2 headers. The result is
> still hardlinks for individual files under the boost subdirectory. Did I
> miss something ?
>
> If I try 'mklink mylink bootstarp.log' I am successful so I definitely
> have rights to creating a symbolic file link.

Does the output include: - symlinks supported : yes?

If you look at tools/build/src/tools/link.jam:190 ff.
it should test if $(.can-symlink) first, and
then $(.can-hardlink). Is that the case?
(https://github.com/boostorg/build/commit/3116da2b95ad02748c744a44ecec67789a9941c2)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe