Subject: Re: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 19:48:47

On 2/10/2014 1:46 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 02/10/2014 10:30 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>
>> I have already bored to death everybody on this mailing list by saying
>> that 'b2 headers' should create symbolic links instead of hard links on
>> Windows when the end-user has the administrative rights to do so. I
>> believe Steve Watanabe is on top of this and if it is not working that
>> way now it will be eventually.
>>

> It's done in develop.

On Windows I checked out 'develop' at the modular-boost level and
'develop' at the Boost Build level. Then I re-ran .\bootstrap, deleted
my current boost sub-directory, then re-ran .\b2 headers. The result is
still hardlinks for individual files under the boost subdirectory. Did I
miss something ?

If I try 'mklink mylink bootstarp.log' I am successful so I definitely
have rights to creating a symbolic file link.