Subject: Re: [boost] Refactoring tools/regression and tools/release into separate sub-modules
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-11 06:59:00

On 11 February 2014 08:22, Ahmed Charles <acharles_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I just worked on this, the results are:
>
> https://github.com/ahmedcharles/regression
> https://github.com/ahmedcharles/release
>
> And the additions to the superproject are:
>
> https://github.com/ahmedcharles/boost
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.

Looks good, would it be possible to describe the method you used? As
others might need to do something similar.

I think the next steps are:

1. Transfer the modules into 'boostorg', I think you can do that
through github, although you might have to be added to a team if you
don't have any write permissions in the organisation.
2. Change the regression testers to use the regression module. We need
to do that before updating the super project as they download directly
from it.
3. Once they're successfully using it, merge the super project.

Does that sound right?

I don't think the release module even needs to be a submodule, as
nothing depends on it. Ideally the regression tests also shouldn't be,
but I suspect some of the infrastructure relies on it.