Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Convert. Take 2.
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-13 23:01:25

On 02/11/2014 08:45 AM, Vladimir Batov wrote:
> On 02/11/2014 02:23 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> I would strongly suggest updating the docs for the library. Also
>> either add in to the new docs the differences between the original
>> version and the new version, or just include both the old and new
>> version docs so that end-users could easily see what has changed.
>
> Indeed. Docs are a must. I started re-writing over the weekend but
> then thought I'd check with the community first -- maybe there was
> already a solution that I missed or there was no interest to begin with.

Finished the docs. The whole thing is at
https://github.com/yet-another-user/boost.xtra.

Was surprised that for user-types it performed two times faster than
boost::lexical_cast with no optimizations whatsoever... must be the
design/deployment difference.

Wondering if that's the time to request a formal review?.. Never figured
out how the process goes.

Any input is most welcome... although the list seems pretty quiet for
some reason.

Best,
V.