Subject: [boost] [range][documentation] - best practice for generating documentation?
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 11:15:22

Hi,

I'm currently the suitably ashamed owner of numerous documentation trac
issues for Boost.Range. I would like to address these issues but I'm
unclear about what our strategy is for generating documentation since our
move to modular Boost. I anticipate that if I continue to commit the
generated html as I had done previously that I will be in for a "world of
pain" when it comes to merge to master.

I've searched and found several pages about document best-practice but the
pages contain references to the subversion repository which leads me to
believe that this must be out-of-date.

I'd like some advice to ensure that my commits are aligned with what is
wanted. If there is a temporary workflow I can use that will not end in a
merge disaster then I'd like to put small documentation fixes in quickly
before major re-factoring of the documentation generation process.

I apologise in advance if my search skills have been deficient. Sending a
link accompanied with abuse is entirely acceptable!

Thanks,
Neil Groves