Subject: Re: [boost] [range][documentation] - best practice for generating documentation?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 11:28:09

On 3 March 2014 16:15, Neil Groves <neil_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently the suitably ashamed owner of numerous documentation trac
> issues for Boost.Range. I would like to address these issues but I'm
> unclear about what our strategy is for generating documentation since our
> move to modular Boost. I anticipate that if I continue to commit the
> generated html as I had done previously that I will be in for a "world of
> pain" when it comes to merge to master.

You probably won't if you keep the merges simple, although cherry
picking and bi-directional merges would cause problems. But if you
want, I can add it to the documentation build and you can remove the
generated html from your repo.

> I've searched and found several pages about document best-practice but the
> pages contain references to the subversion repository which leads me to
> believe that this must be out-of-date.

I don't think there is a page. There are some pages on the Wiki which
are probably all out of date. If there's anything on the main site
that needs updating, let me know.