Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] sequential_generator / comb_generator / utc_generator / timestamp_generator
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-05 21:19:40

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Adam Walling <adam.walling_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I suppose I am gauging interest in this feature, as well as asking if there
> are any thoughts or suggestions on how others would likely use this, and
> alternative or standard algorithms defined.

I've been using something like that:
An "id" type which internally uses uuid by default, but in some conditions
I can make it use a sequential id.
Most of the time the reason is helping with debugging (as sequential ids,
depending on the source, can help understand what happened in a sequence of
events).
However, I never thought about mixing both with the same interface than
uuid.
So I'm interested in taking a look at how your extension works.