Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Thread project for GSoC 2014
From: Haoyue Wang (whyzidane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-07 00:16:09

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for your detailed reply. Here is some more background about me.

>Are you familiar with thread-safe lock based data-structures?
Yes. I am comfortable with the implementation and usage of thread-safe lock
based data structures such as queue, stack, list, and map.
>lock-free data structures?
No. But I can learn <atomic> quickly.
Is lock-free data structures going to be used a lot for this project?
>Which compiler(s) are you using?
gcc 4.8/Apple LLVM version 5.0
>Which platform(s)?
Linux/Mac OS X
> Do you use already Boost?
Only a bit.

Following your suggestion, I will proceed to implement a prototype of
a thread pool having specific queue for each thread that make use
of the sync_queue in Boost.Thread as part of my proposal. Hopefully,
it will be in shape next week.

Best,
Haoyue