Subject: [boost] Regression test failures on the develop branch
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-09 07:06:49

Hi!

I've been doing some work on Boost.Range and have been ignoring complete
failures from the following machines:

teeks99*
*jc-bell
jasonr-Ubuntu13.04-intel-13.0.1

I'm concerned that the errors have been present for a couple of weeks. We
are almost without MSVC coverage on the develop branch. I have taken to
going off-process and after cycling the other platforms pushing to master
to get coverage of MSVC.

Of course I completely understand the difficulties balancing our busy
schedules to devote time to Boost. This isn't a complaint. I wondered if
there was already a plan to fix these and if there was anything I could do
to help.

Do we need more machines covering Microsoft compilers and platforms? Should
we be approaching companies that use Boost with Microsoft that might be
willing to donate some equipment and/or time?

I don't think the risk is unacceptable at present since the new branching
model means that at this stage of the schedule a hiccup on master can be
quickly reverted without a total train wreck. I think we should probably
get on top of this before we reach the final phase of the next release.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Regards,
Neil Groves