Subject: Re: [boost] Regression test failures on the develop branch
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-10 08:50:30

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Neil Groves <neil_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been doing some work on Boost.Range and have been ignoring complete
> failures from the following machines:
>
> teeks99*
> *jc-bell
> jasonr-Ubuntu13.04-intel-13.0.1
>
> I'm concerned that the errors have been present for a couple of weeks. We
> are almost without MSVC coverage on the develop branch. I have taken to
> going off-process and after cycling the other platforms pushing to master
> to get coverage of MSVC.
>
> Of course I completely understand the difficulties balancing our busy
> schedules to devote time to Boost. This isn't a complaint. I wondered if
> there was already a plan to fix these and if there was anything I could do
> to help.
>
> Do we need more machines covering Microsoft compilers and platforms? Should
> we be approaching companies that use Boost with Microsoft that might be
> willing to donate some equipment and/or time?
>
> I don't think the risk is unacceptable at present since the new branching
> model means that at this stage of the schedule a hiccup on master can be
> quickly reverted without a total train wreck. I think we should probably
> get on top of this before we reach the final phase of the next release.
>
> Please let me know if I can help in any way.
>
> Regards,
> Neil Groves

There were complete failures for the teeks99* machines for a few
weeks, but those have been fixed since the start of last week, many of
the tests are cycling correctly. It would appear that there is
something specific to range that is causing all the range tests to
fail?

If there is anything specific about the configuration I can look at,
let me know and I'll try to check it out tonight.

Tom