Subject: [boost] [GSoC 2014] [ Hypergeometric functions ] [ Complex Numbers Calculations ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-10 16:58:55

Hello,

I am Cosmin Boaca and I want to work during GSoC 2014 at the hypergeometric
functions project. The project aims to approximate some hypergeometric
functions for real values of their parameters.

Even though the final result of the computation will be a real floating
point number, some intermediate results would require complex numbers
calculations such as the real power of a negative number, the square root
of a negative number and also basic operations with complex numbers.

My first question is : is there a way to do this operations using
boost::multiprecision types such as cpp_dec_float and cpp_bin_float in
order to store the real and the imaginary part of the complex number ?

The second question is : Can I use the complex functions from the cstdfloat
branch of Boost.math ?

Thank you,
Cosmin Boaca