Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] [RFC] Proposal: A C++11 enabled TMP library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-11 20:54:04

On 12 Mar 2014 at 0:32, Louis Dionne wrote:

> > Can you list a proposed set of summer work items please? For example,
> > you might implement a TMP vector type list with documentation and
> > functional tests with Travis CI per-commit testing?
> >
> > Don't worry about peer review, or mention it except as an aside. GSoC
> > doesn't care about Boost peer review processes.
>
> Since my proposal is very dependent upon the result of the peer review
> process, I am not sure what I should list. Should I suppose scenario (1) or
> scenario (2)? Or should I consider both scenarios but be more concise and
> drop all the explanations of scenario (1)? In other words, should I list
> work items on the MPL, the MPL11 or both?

Remember Google don't care about Boost peer review. To them it is
unimportant. Google only fund the writing of concrete bits of code -
in fact, you will have to supply samples of what you wrote to Google
at the end of GSoC.

It's very simple: If you weren't in GSoC this summer, I'd assume
you'd spend your summer working on your TMP library anyway. So simply
list what you hope to finish this summer, and propose the first half
of that for GSoC as concrete items and the second half as optional
"would like if have time" items. Post that here when you're done.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2014 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014