Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] pipelines questions
From: Thaler Benedek (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-14 16:59:51

Thanks for the comments!

Vicente:

> Concerning the project proposal, I would like to see the following points
more elaborated:

I've updated the goals accordingly. I couldn't figure out what do you mean
by configuring thread pools. I would like to use boost::threads executors.
(The user might use something else with the same interface)

> Concerning the millstones, I would prefer a week based schedule and that
as far as possible each iteration includes something adding value with the
code the tests and the documentation.

I broke it down to weeks, it's much clearer now.

Niall:
> Do run it through a spell checker as there are quite a few typos.
I forgot about this, thanks for pointing it out.

> I'll be watching with close interest as you're basically implementing
> a batch-capable superset of what I proposed as a monadic
> continuations framework for AFIO. If you do well, I may even just
> adapt your work into AFIO actually, it would save me a ton of work,
> so I'm definitely hoping you get funding!
Let's have a quick chat about it upon funding!

Thanks,
Benedek