Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Compute v0.1 Released
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-16 20:23:06

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 05:03:57PM -0700, Kyle Lutz wrote:
> I'm proud to announce the initial release (version 0.1) of
> Boost.Compute! It is available on GitHub [1] and instructions for
> using the library can be found in the documentation [2].

Looks neat.

> I hope to propose Boost.Compute for review in the next few months but
> for I'm looking for more wide-spread testing and feedback from the
> Boost community (please note the FAQ [4] and design rationale [5]
> where I hope to have answered some common questions).

Not to be the one that's the one that has to drag out the naggy old
discussion every time this happens, but pet peeve of mine...

What ever happened to avoiding the use of "Boost.Something" names for
proposed libraries and libraries that have not successfully reviewed
yet?

Just look at the constant confusion there is around things like
"Boost.Process" which is regularly thought to be under the Boost
umbrella and keeps getting questions as to where and how to get hold of
the multitude of releases of it.

In my eyes, not being very explicit about library naming results in a
lot of confusion between the pre-review state of a library and its life
after the review cycle, whether it's accepted or not.

(yes, there's a small note at the bottom of the documentation)

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]