Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Compute v0.1 Released
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-17 05:15:59

On March 16, 2014 8:23:06 PM EDT, Lars Viklund <zao_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 05:03:57PM -0700, Kyle Lutz wrote:
>
>> I hope to propose Boost.Compute for review in the next few months

[snip]

>Not to be the one that's the one that has to drag out the naggy old
>discussion every time this happens, but pet peeve of mine...
>
>What ever happened to avoiding the use of "Boost.Something" names for
>proposed libraries and libraries that have not successfully reviewed
>yet?

[snip]

>In my eyes, not being very explicit about library naming results in a
>lot of confusion between the pre-review state of a library and its life
>after the review cycle, whether it's accepted or not.
>
>(yes, there's a small note at the bottom of the documentation)

+1

Libraries that have not been accepted into Boost may not be labeled Boost.Name without qualification. They are to have a prominent disclaimer at the top of the documentation stating that they have not been accepted, too.

There was discussion, once, of a special logo to use for such libraries, but I don't recall if that was ever finalized.

I also don't recall whether the above was captured on the web site. Perhaps someone else had time to check that.

___
Rob