Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Compute v0.1 Released
From: beet (r.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-17 06:52:18

Hi,

I guess, part of the reason such discussions stall is that no "external"
person knows who owns which rights in which logos. It might be
advantageous for Boost, if
- either all art work contributed to Boost could be put under an
appropriate license (think: CC)
- or the "steering committee" could somehow assume legal ownership of
such work
Unless there is a single entity that may say "yes, you can" or the work
has been put under an open license, most discussions of this type will
stall.

On a side-note: I'd love to have a logo of the type "Proudly using
Boost", which I could put on our web page and in our manual (130K LOC
which uses Boost in many places). I would love to give credit where
credit is due. I believe that the visibility of Boost would benefit a
lot if such logos would suddenly pop up in many places. Boost IS used in
a lot of software, both proprietary and Open Source, I am sure.

Best Regards,
beet