Subject: [boost] GSoC Summer Project Queries.
From: Ashrith H Chinivar (ashrithhcs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-18 16:03:30

Hey,

This is Ashrith and I have a few queries related to the development of
 Boost.uBLAS library and the general expectation for the proposal with
respect to the algorithmic implementation for Google SoC 2014. I hope the
reply will help me narrow down on my options for this year's GSoC.

The linear algebra library for Boost which expects the developer to perform
Matrix multiplication and various mathematical actions w.r.t the vector
spaces and matrix multiplication. Can this be done in C++ with no prior
knowledge of MATLAB?
I am however, very interested in contributing to the project from
algorithmic point of view and including RADIX sort and various other
algorithms or short-cuts that would facilitate C++. I am currently
undergoing a course on Linear Algebra and Matrices. So I would e happy to
consider this as the option to apply for this year's GSoC.

So please reply regarding the Boost.uBLAS and other possible implementaions
that is expected or which I can submit through my synopsis/proposal. I
would be glad to join in on the IRC if that is possible.

Thank you,
Ashrith H C