Subject: [boost] [GSoC][Trie][Radix sort]
From: matijas9 (matijas9_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-18 18:49:03

Hello,
On list of items for Google Summer of Code is "Trie data structure, extending the work done during GSoC 2013". I would like to know what exactly mean "extending the work", i.e. what is to do in implementation of trie from previous GSoC.
Secondly, I would like to add to my proposition of project for GSoC radix sort algorithm. I would like to know how generalized can be types of input datas for radix sort. Elements of sequences which are sorted must belong to some finite universe and should be comparable in constant time, so in my opinion radix sort can sort only sequences of natural numbers well. Therefore I think about preparing version of radix sort sorting sequences of numbers and another version sorting strings (which can be interpreted as sequences of numbers). Can someone think of some other, usefull types of objects that can be sorted using radix sort?
Best Regards,
Mateusz Wasylkiewicz