Subject: [boost] Queries regarding the Boost.Thread / Parallel algorithms
From: Naveen (nravichandrasekaran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-18 19:36:23

Hi,
I am interested in the implementation of parallel algorithms. From given
documentation in
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2012/n3429.pdf
I could understand the basic crux of the project. But the part which I was
not able to figure from the documentation are these;

1. The type of network layer or the communication layer to be used. Can we
make use of GASNet or ARMCI as the communication layer and build of ideas
on it? Or do we have any specific library to work on this?

2. And the implementation of parallel_for and parallel_for_each, are we
trying to mimic the available functionality from the parallel programming
models like OpenMP? How far are these functions different from them.

3. Should we analyze about compiler optimizations. Because once these
external parallel libraries are called; this necessarily means all the
compiler optimizations within this parallel region should be excluded or
else the complexity of the parallel library would be increased.

Please confirm whether, my understanding is correct or am i looking at the
project in a completely unrelated way.

Regards,

*NAVEEN*
| Mobile: 832-720-2393 | about.me <http://about.me/naveen.namashivayam> |