Subject: Re: [boost] 1.56 release
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-21 11:30:40

On 21 March 2014 15:14, Fletcher, John P <j.p.fletcher_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Please could there also be clear instructions for what maintainers need to
> do. I am a new maintainer and have not been through this process before.

Well, It's not clear if this is happening, but mainly you just need to have
your changes in a stable condition in master by the appropriate deadlines.
You might need to request that the master project is updated if you want to
make changes later in the development cycle, but we haven't worked that bit
out yet.

At some point add a short description of what's changed to the release
notes. You can do that at:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_56_0.qbk

Just click 'edit' to create a pull request. If you don't know quickbook,
don't worry about getting it right, I'll fix it up for you. Or you can just
email me the details if you prefer. I usually ask people to do this a
little bit before the beta release, but you can do it at any time.

Also, can you add yourself to the maintainer list? It's at:

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/libs/maintainers.txt

As before, you can click on 'edit' to create a pull request through the web
interface. You'll need to be logged into github.

thanks,

Daniel