Subject: Re: [boost] [algorithm] How to contribute?
From: Rob Stewart (robertstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-23 06:38:09

On March 21, 2014 10:37:39 AM EDT, Maciej Poleski <d82ks8djf82msd83hf8sc02lqb5gh5_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>Hello
>I want to spend some time working on Boost. I saw this:
>https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014#Algorithms. I have some
>"algorithms and data structures" knowledge and I think about
>implementing something that would be valuable to Boost users and give
> me opportunity to dig a bit into Boost. I think about something simple
>to start with (like Radix sort). If everything go ok, I will try something
> more complex (parallel algorithms?).
>Let me know if this piece of work would make sense. Feel free to give
>another propositions if something different is more important.

Welcome to Boost. Contributions can range from submitting patches for outstanding bugs or feature requests for existing libraries, to creating new libraries. Your idea fits in the middle as you propose to extend Boost.Algorithm with an oft discussed algorithm.

Depending upon your knowledge of, and expertise, with C++, you may find the process challenging or grueling. Ultimately, however, it's about writing something you think will have value to a reasonably broad range of C++ developers, posting ideas, floating designs on the list, and submitting work for review. Don't forget that documentation and tests are required for acceptance to Boost.

HTH

___
Rob