Subject: Re: [boost] Post-git forking process
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 08:42:43
On 11/23/2013 12:55 AM, Nathan Crookston wrote:
> Okay, I actually just tried this and it worked just fine. My steps were:
I just went through the exercise and believe that there are some
mistakes in the description.
> 1. Fork boostorg/boost
> 2. Clone *just* boostorg/boost, not all the sub-projects (as this will fail):
> - `git clone git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/boost.git modular-boost`
You should clone ncrookston/boost, not boostorg/boost.
> 2.5 (Optional) Create a branch (I called mine 'updated')
> 3. Edit .gitmodules and change all the relative URLs to absolute, SSH
> or HTTPS (whichever kind you or your company firewall likes).
> - I ran `:%s/\.\./https:\/\/github.com\/boostorg\/utility.git/g` in
> vim to use https.
The "utility.git" part should be omitted, otherwise all URLs will
contain it. I used the following command to modify the file:
sed --in-place=.bak -e 's/\.\./https:\/\/github.com\/boostorg\//g'
> 3. Fork the particular repos you want to apply patches to:
> - For this example, I forked 'range'.
Minor comment: bullet numbering is wrong.
If my observations are correct, then it may be a good idea to update:
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk