Subject: Re: [boost] Post-git forking process
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 09:14:38

On 27 March 2014 12:42, Bjorn Reese <breese_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If my observations are correct, then it may be a good idea to update:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModPatchAndPullReq

If you're only changing one module at a time, forking the super project is
probably more trouble than it's worth. But if you need to, I think it would
be easier to keep the boostorg repo as the 'origin' remote so that the
relative urls will continue to work, and add your fork's remote with a
different name. I'd do something like:

git clone --recursive git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/boost.git
git remote add danieljames git_at_[hidden]:danieljames/boost.git
git push --set-upstream danieljames master